Welcome!

This is a real adventure for me, having the chance to spend an entire year on sabbatical. I know that many of you would like to come along for the journey, so I decided to launch my own blog site. I am new at this, so I ask your patience. Hopefully together we can enjoy this year of new discovery and adventure, of reflection and contemplation, in the spirit of St. Ignatius, the pilgrim. Just Scroll down to view my blog.


Peace,
Skipp



































Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Nashville, TN - Opryland

I arrived here without any problem, after a four and a half hour drive. I went to check out Arnold's - a local Bar B Que joint that was featured on "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives" -  but it was closed, so I just took a picture of other disappointed tourists there. I went to another Southern cooking place for dinner which was good.


I forgot about the time change, so I drove over to where the current show of the Grand Ole Opry would be playing at the Ryman theater. It is in the center of downtown Nashville amidst tall, shiny new skyscrapers.  It was orginally built as a Church and the seats are pews.





I drove out to the Grand Ole Opry, which is further out from center city along the Columbia River, but it is a huge construction site since the flood and they aren't letting tourists anywhere near it. I got a few shots of the place driving by on the freeway. 







I head to St. Louis later this morning.  It is still very hot here in the South..

No comments:

Post a Comment