Welcome!

This is a real adventure for me, having the chance to spend an entire year on sabbatical. I know that many of you would like to come along for the journey, so I decided to launch my own blog site. I am new at this, so I ask your patience. Hopefully together we can enjoy this year of new discovery and adventure, of reflection and contemplation, in the spirit of St. Ignatius, the pilgrim. Just Scroll down to view my blog.


Peace,
Skipp



































Saturday, August 21, 2010

Arches National Park and Colorado River Trip

Today I had an early big breakfast at the Hampton Inn in Moab and then headed out to Arches National Park.  I took tons of pictures, but there is just so much you can show of red rock so I will edit and only show a few key shots.










After doing Arches I made a quick stop for lunch at the Moab Diner and then headed for the Colorado River Tour, a four hour incredible ride down the Colorado passing between huge canyons and seeing incredible rock formations, petroglyphs and local flora and fauna.









Now I am off to the pool to do my aerobics after a long day driving and boating.  Tomorfrow I am off to Capitol Reef National Park.  Let me know if you are liking the photos or if you want less of them and more narrative facts.  It is hard to upload quickly, but I think the pictures are worth the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment