Welcome!

This is a real adventure for me, having the chance to spend an entire year on sabbatical. I know that many of you would like to come along for the journey, so I decided to launch my own blog site. I am new at this, so I ask your patience. Hopefully together we can enjoy this year of new discovery and adventure, of reflection and contemplation, in the spirit of St. Ignatius, the pilgrim. Just Scroll down to view my blog.


Peace,
Skipp



































Thursday, August 26, 2010

Camping at Bryce Canyon national Park

Camping at Bryce




Yesterday I spent the day setting up my camp site. I am in the North Campground of Bryce Canyon National Park. It is a fairly large campsite, but well spread out so you don’t feel penned in by others. They have great bathrooms and fresh water nearby each campsite. There is also a General Store nearby to pick up groceries or any other items one might have forgotten. I had to pick up a cooking set since it was not in the duffle bag with my other camping equipment. I only took one picture today to save my batteries and because I just hung around the campsite, napping in my hammock and enjoying the peace and quiet. I was greeted by a beautiful Steller’s jay with its bright blue plumage. It is nice and dry and the evening promises to be cool. The night sky should be fantastic tonight. Tomorrow night we have the alignment of the planets and moon. Thanks for sending me the info Mary. I may have to post this at a later date, since there is no internet here in the National forest.







I got a connectiontoday so I am going to send this out right away.  One more day here in Bryce Canyon and then on to Williams, AZ.

No comments:

Post a Comment