Welcome!

This is a real adventure for me, having the chance to spend an entire year on sabbatical. I know that many of you would like to come along for the journey, so I decided to launch my own blog site. I am new at this, so I ask your patience. Hopefully together we can enjoy this year of new discovery and adventure, of reflection and contemplation, in the spirit of St. Ignatius, the pilgrim. Just Scroll down to view my blog.


Peace,
Skipp



































Monday, October 18, 2010

Free Weekend in Colorado

We had a free weekend so I decided to drive with three friends from the Sangre Program to Colorado and enjoy the fall foliage in the mountains.  We had a great weekend, visiting Durango, Silverton, Mesa Verde, Christ in the Desert and the Ghost Ranch in NM.  I hope you enjoy the pictures.  My friends are Annie Espinosa (Texas), Young Ae Kim (Korea), and David O'Brien (Australia).  The weather was perfect and the foliage was at its peak.  Also they had had their first snowfall on the mountains.








David knows a thing about trains and was delighted to hear from the conductor that these are the same types of trains that were brought to Australia.  They were made in the home town of one of our other friends.










The second day of our free weekend we went to Mesa Verde National Park which was glorious in fall foliage and wonderful views.  We encountered all kind of wildlife along the way, but I was driving so I didn't get any pictures of the Elk, Buffalo, Coyote, Mule Deer or bears that we spotted. 














On Sunday we left Durango early so that we could make it to Christ in the Desert Monastery in Abiquiu, NM in time to meet the monks after Mass.  The Chama valley was filled with golden yellow also from the foliage of the huge cottonwood trees by the river.





No comments:

Post a Comment